The heart is but the beach beside the sea that is the world.
- A heart that is rotten — breath that smells.
- A man combs his hair every morning — why not his heart?
- Easy to know men’s faces, not their hearts.
- Everyone should carefully observe which way his heart draws him, and then choose that way with all his strength.
- He who is narrow of vision cannot be big of heart.
- He who knows his heart mistrusts his eyes.
- He, who opens his heart for ambition, closes it for the rest.
- If there is righteousness in the heart, there will be beauty in character. If there is beauty in character, there will be harmony in the home. If there is harmony in the home, there will be order in the nation. If there is order in the nation, there will
- If you are poor, though you dwell in the busy marketplace, no one will inquire about you; if you are rich, though you dwell in the heart of the mountains, you will have distant relatives.
- Keep a green tree in your heart and perhaps the singing bird will come.
- Know thyself to know others, for heart beats like heart.
- Man’s heart is never satisfied; the snake would swallow the elephant.
- Of all female qualities, a warm heart is the most valuable.
- Rather once cry your heart out than always sigh.
- The fangs of the green snake and the sting of a wasp don’t really make poison — that is only to be found in a woman’s heart.
- The human heart is difficult to gauge.
- The human heart is never satisfied, just like the snake that wants to swallow an elephant.
- The spirit of women is made of quicksilver; their heart of wax.
- Though talking face to face, their hearts are a thousand miles apart.
- To attract good fortune, spend a new coin on an old friend, share an old pleasure with a new friend, and lift up the heart of a true friend by writing his name on the wings of a dragon.
- To feed the ambition in your heart is like carrying a tiger under your arm.
- To know another is not to know that person’s face, but to know that person’s heart.
- Water does not stick to the mountain, and vengeance does not stick to a big heart.
- When the heart is at ease, the body is healthy.
- Who is narrow minded cannot be bighearted.
- With happiness comes intelligence to the heart.
- Words that come from the heart stay warm three winters long.
This entry was posted in Proverbs and tagged heart
. Bookmark the permalink
. or leave a trackback: Trackback URL